Re: Differnce between Xfree and Xorg

On Thu, 13 May 2004, aroushdi wrote:

> > Alexander , thank u for ur quick reply I have used ur technique with and
> > without -from , -fp  , once and they all fail with unable to bind and no
> > message in the logfile . I have produced the same errors on winXP and
> > W2K . same thing . Old version 4.3 and 4.4 works fine no problem . is
> > there a way to get a more diagnosting log . I suspect that there is a
> > module locking some file which casses this error . The same error can be
> > reproduced on V 4.3 & 4.4 if use the same port :X we get the same
> > message faile to bind .
> Alex can u reproduce this problem

no. If I start XWin twice with :1 I get

winCheckDisplayNumber - Cygwin/X is already running on display 1

Fatal server error:
InitOutput - Duplicate invocation on display number: 1.  Exiting.

Can you send the commandline which you used to start the xserver?
What kind of network cards do you use? Do you have any kind of personal
firewall or vpn software installed?

bye
	ago
--