RE: problem resizing tunneled xterm

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Kris Thielemans wrote:

> Hi,
> further on this.
>
> I now have the same behaviour on a local xterm (on an XP SP1 machine running
> xorg Xwin 6.6.0.0-8, rest is latest cygwin). The funny thing is that it
> happens in one xterm only, and I cannot reproduce it in others... In fact, I
> don't think I resized that xterm yet (started it with xterm -ls -sl 3000 -sb
> by the way).

That sounds like permissions: signals don't generally propagate across
su and other things that change the ownership of the terminal.  You can
usually work around those by running resize (which uses escape sequences
to find the actual size of the xterm, and does the equivalent of an stty
to update your local terminal-size values).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net