RE: problem resizing tunneled xterm

> Well, on the local xterm, I didn't ssh, su, login or whatever. It's just
> a local terminal.
>
> However, typing 'resize' indeed solves the problem. Thanks for the help!

a final note. 'resize' works around the problem on the local (i.e. cygwin)
terminal, but not for an xterm on my debian system. indeed, they're very
different implementations. on cygwin, it sets TERMCAP, while on debian it
sets COLUMNS and ROWS environment variables. Happily, pasting the TERMCAP
from the cygwin xterm to the debian xterm gets things properly there as
well.

I'm not sure what resize is doing aside from those environment variables
(i.e. I can't see the escape sequences), but maybe my problem is then
related to incorrect TERMCAP settings? (TERMCAP is normally not set when I
log in to my debian system (xterm -ls).

I realise these last issues are probably not an CYGWIN/Xfree thing, but I
thought to let you know anyway.

Kris