Re: XWin and the ICON on xterm window

Howdy AGO,

Just a while back AGO wrote...
> > On Wed, 19 May 2004, Earle F. Philhower III wrote:
> > I'm not sure what's being to referred to in the original problem from Angelo,
> > but FWIW the change back a while was getting rid of all LoadIcon() calls > and
> > instead using LoadImage()s instead (since we support DLL icons, .ico files,
> > etc.).  You need to use DestroyIcon() if the HANDLE is a from LoadIcon, and
> > just plain DestroyObject() if the HANDLE is from LoadImage or you get a
> > GDI leak.
> DeleteObject is never called on an icon handle in out code. Only DestroyIcon is.

You're right, Alexander, I remembered that Kensuke fixed a
bug w/this but I got the wrong direction. It's been a busy
month and I've not looked at the XWin code recently.  :)

> Using LoadImage results in broken images now. I'd like to revert
> to LoadIcon but in a safe way.

I kind of agree about this, but would really like to fix the
problem with LoadImage() instead of reverting to LoadIcon().
Not all systems (I know my W2K and WXP boxes are among these) have
no problem at all with the icons, so there must be some difference
between the pretty and non-pretty icon displays (custom themes with
odd icon sizes, specific drivers, etc?)...

Lev made some comments about doing dual LoadImages (both SM_ICON
and SM_SMICON) to get rid of any bad scaling issues, IIRC.

If you go to LoadIcon() then you'll have to kill all the
icon customizations, no?
--
-Earle F. Philhower, III
 earle@ziplabel.com