Re: Combination of Windows based GUI and Cygwin.

On Thu, 27 May 2004, kirat shah wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need suggestion about following topic.
> I have Fortran90 codes which is working fine in
> cygwin-X. What i need to do is i want to connect those
> codes with windows based GUI. What GUI does is just
> creating INPUT file. I want INPUT file to use in
> cygwin in background(users dont know about cygwin) and
> give output files. My problem is how to make cygwin
> run in background from GUI, is it possible?.

Cygwin doesn't "run in background".  Cygwin is a DLL that you link to
applications.

If your Windows GUI just creates an input file, why can't your Cygwin
program read that file?

> If it is then what is the best way to do it.

I think you need to explain what you want in much greater detail.  It is
unclear to me that Cygwin/X is even involved in the question.

> Cygwin-X is necessary because results are in form of some plots which
> needs to be plotted in gnuplot or can be view in gs/gv combination.

Ok, but how does that relate to making your Windows GUI interact with your
Cygwin Fortran code via an input file?

I'm lost.

--
Brian Ford