Re: Three monitors and repainting...

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

Henrik Schmiediche wrote:

where 2 is the primary monitor (desktop) and 3 is driven by a old PCI based
VGA card. 1 & 2 are driven by the same AGP card. When I start an xterm, it
always loads on monitor 1 and everything seems to work. When I move that
xterm to monitors 2 or 3 it stops repainting (goes white).

Is this a known problem? Alternatively, does anyone have this configuration
working, so I know the fault is my setup, not cygwin? Is there a work
around?

Another data point: If I disable monitor 3 and start XWin on multiple
monitors, it works and both monitors 1 & 2. If I then enable monitor 3, it
continues to work on 1 & 2, but not 3. If I start Xwin with all three
monitors enabled, only monitor 1 repainting works.

Hm, This is an unusual configuration. I doubt someone has tried that before. Anyway, I'll take a look and see if I can find some hints what's wrong.

I think I posted this before. I use two monitors and it does not work.
Monitor 1 on the right is the primary monitor (a notebook).
The resoultion is 1600x1200.
Monitor 2 on the left is the secondary monitor, which is 1280x1024.
To be short, all of the x-windows can only repaint correctly if they were totally within
1600 pixels starting from the left-most end of Monitor 2.

In this new lab of mine (which is very rich....) even the students have two monitors.
I am going to teach them C++ since June, and I shall ask them to install cygwin....
I hope that by that time they will not be puzzled by this behavior of cygwin
on dual monitors.

Best wishes,
K.K.Liang