RE: Pointer bug in multiwindow mode (native window manager)

> > Using the current Cygwin X Server in multiwindow mode (i.e. Windows
> > native window manager), I get the X pointer when the mouse is in the
> > menu, toolbar and scrollbar areas of Gnome applications.  The problem
> > goes away when I switch to rootless mode and run another window manager,
> > such as metacity.
>
> Window managers normally set a default cursor for a newly created window
> if the application does not provide one. It seem the internal window
> manager does not.

this is a bit a different problem from mine.
As I already mentioned, occassionally my mouse pointer does not display
anymore. This then happens for all open and new X-windows. I cannot give
explicit instructions how to reproduce this, but for example, yesterday it
happened as follows:
- start new X server using startxwin.bat (Xwin -multiwindow -clipboard)
- in the xterm, I typed "cd somedir; emacs&"

that's it. emacs came up and my (X) pointer disappeared. However, this is
not reproducible though.

I have this both on NT 4.0sp6a and XP sp1.

cygwin-setup says that all my packages are up-to-date, except that I'm still
using cygwin.dll version 1.5.9-1.

Kris