Re: Cursor randomly behaves as if "home" key has been struck.

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 02:47:37PM +0000, Brian K wrote:
> >I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard, and I'm using Cygwin to connect to my
> >Mandrake server via XDMCP.  Every so often the cursor will jump to the beginning
> >of the line, as if I'd struck the HOME key on the keyboard.  It ONLY does this
> >when I'm typing.
> >
> >Booting into Mandrake natively on my desktop, and connecting to the server via
> >XDMCP doesn't display this problem, but in the console or in /var/log/messages
> >I'll occasionally get an "unknown scancode" error.
> >
> >Any ideas as to what's going wrong?

This sounds like a very strange problem. Debugging this is not very easy.
If you can easily reproduce the problem you can start logging xevents with
xev and check if there are wrong events generated. The second step would be
using a debug enabled xserver and trace the windows messages sent to XWin
and check if there are strange messages sent and which messages produce the
wrong events.

bye
    ago
NP: Lacrimosa - Sanctus