This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: GTK missing cygX11-6.dll (Was Re: Wrapping long lines)
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: Alexander Gottwald <Alexander dot Gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- Cc: Robert McNulty Junior <bmj2004 at bellsouth dot net>, cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:49:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: GTK missing cygX11-6.dll (Was Re: Wrapping long lines)
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <000001c46625$f4c8cd00$6601a8c0@BOBBYJR><Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
> Robert McNulty Junior wrote:
>> From: firstname.lastname@example.org
>> On Behalf Of Igor Pechtchanski
>> Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 9:25 PM
>> To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
>> Subject: Re: GTK missing cygX11-6.dll (Was Re: Wrapping long lines)
>> On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Robert McNulty Junior wrote:
>> > [snip]
>> > I'm trying, however, to catch up on my cygwin updating.
>> > Trying to figure out why GTK is telling me cygX11-6.dll (or something like
>> > that) is missing. I hope we get a new X11 mainatainer soon.
> Do you have the xorg-x11-bin-dlls packages installed? If yes please try
> to reinstall that package. We had some reports that installing that package
> for the first time may have some files not installed/remove by other packages.
> This is something I'll investigate next week.
There is a bug in the postinstall script, if cygwin/X11R6/bin is not in
the system path, the DLL is not found. Setup doesn't include this path
and windows doesn't know about it, I'll provide an update this week (or
weekend), this will include also dependencies to libintl3 instead of
Workaround is to reexecute the postinstall script from a bash shell with
X11R6/bin included in the PATH setting: