logitech mx-900 middle button

Hi,

has anyone been able to get the logitech mx900 mouse to pass the middle button (or any of the other buttons besides 1 and 3) to cygwin/xfree? I see an old post in 2002 saying that some logitech drivers offered a 'middle button' setting, but on my Logitech/Setpoint utility there are terribly few options, and the default 'autoscroll' only intermittantly passes button 2 through--I can't figure out the pattern of when it works, and usually it doesn't. Another alternative might be to map a keycode to a button (I can use Setpoint to map the button to a key, and that key is passed to cygwin/Xfree), but I don't think xmodmap can do this. Thanks for any suggestions.

Jeff