Re: Windows XP SP2 - anybody tried it yet?

Hi Charles,

The latest I have heard on SP2 is that Microsoft is
pushing it back a week or two because of concerns that
some programs may not work at all after the
installation.  Microsoft has a list of about 50 to 200
programs that will be or potentially could be
affected.    Many corporations are going to do test
runs on thier enterprise systems, like testing on
smaller networks first, to ensure there will be no
problems or if there are how to avoid or fix them.  I
plan on waiting a few months after the release before
updating.  My system works without using the built-in
firewall of XP, I use Zone Alarm freeeware version.

Just passing on what has been reported in the news.

Have a great day!!

James E. Merritt

--- Charles Plager <cplager+cygwin@physics.ucla.edu>