Re: new install - application windows are dead

A small update: Daniel Gruber also helped me with this off-list and identified that the multiwindow WM was causing the issue; running -rootless with twm or wmaker instead resolved the problem.

So I guess it looks like -multiwindow with dual head displays is an issue?

Gareth

Marc Bernstein wrote:

I had this problem and traced it to a dual head issue.

My laptop was screen 2 and I had to disconnect it before the startxwin.bat or sh would work properly.

I could not find a local configuration issue; Tried other users, etc.

Anyone know why or how to configure a dual monitor to work properly with CygX?

Marc