Cygwin/X and emacs always hangs..

Hi all,

I'm sure this question has come up before, but I searched and couldn't really find anything.

The newest release of xorg-x11 that I just downloaded from mirrors.kernel.org *still* exhibits the same problem of hanging when I run emacs. The particular version of emacs does not matter. It hangs when I run either gnu-emacs or xemacs remotely from a linux box or when I run cygwin ports locally.

I just downloaded and recompiled the newest version of gnu-emacs on my linux box and it works when I run it off the Xserver on the box. But Cygwin/X hangs within minutes of using it. It definitely has something to do with the clipboard. But when I first start X, emacs can use the clipboard. Some unknown event makes X intolerable of emacs' usage of the clipboard.

Once emacs hangs, all other emacs will immediately hang upon clipboard usage until I reset the X server.

I don't use any fancy run-options. And it doesn't matter if I use -clipboard or not, -multiwindow or not. It's the same thing.

Does anyone know anything about this? I use windows 2000, but I'm not sure that matters.

Bram