Re: Missing file in two new X packages

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Bram Kivenko wrote:

> Ross Boulet wrote:
> > I ran an update on my Cygwin installation today.  I make a
> > habit of running a 'cygcheck -cv' after every update.  When
> > I did this today, I saw 'Incomplete' on two packages.  I
> > tried reinstalling these two from two different mirrors but
> > kept getting the same result.

These files are removed by mkfontscale. The new font-update script
is mising the line to generate them. I'm not sure if they are really
needed.

I'm updating the script but I want to know if the encodings.dir files
are really required.

> I noticed this.  I assume that's why my xfontsel stopped working suddenly.

please try:

mkfontscale -n -e /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/encodings \
	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi \
	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi \
	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc \
	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF \