need GUI connect-to-host client

[Xwin 6.8.1.0-1, Windows XP pro 5.1, experienced with linux X, not a windows or cygwin hacker]

I'm hoping to replace Hummingbird Exceed on our ~50 PC's with cygwin-xfree,
but I need a simple GUI client for our linux-naive users.  Just a little
GUI client that the user double-clicks and asks for host, username, and
password and fires up an xterm or other X process on a remote machine
with rexec or ssh.  I would like to come up with something that does not
require extra languages or libraries beyond what the PC's have by default,
or at worst, things that can be loaded from the cygwin installer along with
xfree.  I may finally be forced to learn Java...

-- George Young

--
"Are the gods not just?"  "Oh no, child.
What would become of us if they were?" (CSL)