RE: Problems building PerlTK on cygwin

Markus Jung wrote:
Hi List!
Please can anyone help me with the following error during the make of PerlTK. I'm using cygwin/x-free on an windows XP box with WindowMaker.
I've downloaded the PerlTK-Sources from CPAN. Is there a problem with this sources on cygwin. Does anyone know about a cygwin package for PerlTK?

I've built and use Tk 800.024 (I haven't tried 804.027, the latest) that uses X-windows. I've never tried the windows-specific version.

Here's what I did:
* From http://search.cpan.org/~ni-s/Tk-800.024/ download and unzip Tk-800.024

* cygwin> perl Makefile.PL x
                           ^ tells it to use X-windows

You could try 'perl Makefile.PL' if you want to try without (all this is mentioned in the README.cygwin)

* cygwin> make

* cygwin> make install

* cygwin>

Since I had an older version of perl, I also need to:
cygwin> cd /usr/X11R6/lib
cygwin> ln -s libX11.dll.a libX11.a

BEFORE I built TK. Gerrit P. Haase says that this issue has been fixed with perl-5.8.5 for Cygwin (I haven't checked).

	Good luck,
	  Charles