RE: cygwin/x symantec antivirus conflict

I do see the problem with slow rendering of X-forwarded apps on one of my computers, and it does not have symmantec installed (it does have F-Prot antivirus installed, however)

I have never figured out what is wrong with it... It used to work fine, and then I did an update at somepoint, and the slow behavior started.

I just don't use it often enough on that computer to be inclined to troubleshoot it...

Dan