Re: three button emulation (not a faq, honestly)

  Alexander> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Phillip Lord wrote:

  >> I've been having a nightmare getting cut and paste working
  >> properly with cygwin-x. I went through the faqs, I various
  >> things, and eventually isolated the problem to three button
  >> emulation on the mouse.
  >>
  >> So I read up on this. I'm using multiwindow, so I can't use
  >> emulate3button.

  Alexander> Why should -emulate3button not work with multiwindow?
  Alexander> I've not used it for some time but don't know of any
  Alexander> reasons which prevented it.

  >> I tried using tweak UI as suggested in the faq, but for the life
  >> of me I can't find anything relating to three button emulation in
  >> tweakUI.

  Alexander> TweakUI was recommend for the FocusFollowsMouse (X-Mouse)
  Alexander> feature.

Ho hum. Looks like I had misread the documentation in both
cases. Trying to do too many things at once.

I had tried emulate3buttons anyway, and had not got it too work. Your
assurance that it should work prompted me to try again. Given that I
think that mousepad drivers are intercepting clicks to both buttons, I
tried setting a fairly long timeout (500ms). So long as I click
carefully (i.e. with a gap between the two!), it all seems to work.

Thanks very much. I would have had distinct problems without this. My
apologies for not reading the documentation carefully enough!

Cheers

Phil