Re: Minimal replacement for Exceed

Boaz Harrosh wrote:
amanda345@altern.org wrote:

I want to find a replacement for Hummingbird Exceed. I know that Cygwin includes an X server, but I'm not interested in all of Cygwin. What would be the minimum I'd need to install to be able to run Cygwin/X? In case it matters, I'd like to run the X server with the -multiwindow and -clipboard parameters.

Thanks!

Amanda

Dear Amanda !
I have packed a Wise-Installer with a some-what minimal installation. It uses the windows fonts and this way saves 14M of fonts. It does include a full bash + utils and SSH so it is not as minimal as it can be. The Install.exe is about 12M.

I can send you the .exe but you will find that it has some specialized stuff for the purpose it was made. (automatic connection to a Linux application server). I can also send you the files listing, and the wise script, so you can pack your own.

Files listing and script would be nice to lookat. Any possiblility to have it online somewhere?

--

Jani Tiainen