Xming.exe comments

- My first intended use of Xming.exe is to try to make some progress on
tracking a crash in XWin.exe.  This stranded on GDB problems last I
attempted to track it down.

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-10/msg00112.html

- I didn't find any file called /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb, but there is a
file called /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt
- Rejoice! GDB does not go ga-ga when debugging Xming.exe!
- I assume it builds upon pretty much the same source as XWin.exe. Is
the source available? Or even better committed to a CVS server
somewhere?
- I noticed Xming.exe depends on msvcr70.dll
- If someone could explain how to verify that a Linux box is configured
as a fontserver, it would be much appreciated. I think my Debian box is
running a font server. From my Debian box:

fury:~# ps -A | grep xfs
  431 ?        00:00:00 xfs
- After I launch Xming.exe, it seems like it is stuck waiting for
something after the Xming.exe window is up. The mouse cursor is stuck as
an hourglass and the Xming.exe does not redraw. Attached is XWin.log.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com