Re: [SOLVED - mysteriously...not quite] Re: xorg installation fails,99% complete only

Carlo Florendo wrote:

Cygwin Rocks!

Yes.

I tried to reproduce the problem on the WinXP SP2 machine in question and I was unsuccessful in reproducing it...

Cygwin installed like a charm =)

Now, I don't know why such is the case. Hmmm...To tell the truth, I was actually asking someone to follow instructions from me, (i.e. press this button, select "Unix", click ok, etc.). However, when I myself tried do a fresh uninstall and fresh install, all worked well.

Fresh install... how fresh is fresh? Maybe there remains some registry key after an uninstall?

In any case, I'm now attaching cygcheck.out and setup.log (compressed) so the experts could point out what difference it had with my previous posting of cygcheck.out and setup.log,

I could see no significant difference there.

My suspicion is that the one whom I asked to install cygwin did something else that she didn't tell me....(What I saw when she was installing cygwin was the "99% completed" on xorg that never stopped. This, I verified with my eyes. On her following my instructions, I didn't see it with my own eyes. She just said she did.)

Gerrit -- =^..^=