Re: Why Xming.exe?

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 10:30:48AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

In any event

Sorry. This message obviously slipped out before I was done with it. I blame my spastic index finger. It likes to press the "y" key.

In any event, what I was going to say above was that "In any event"
it is certainly possible to craft a Cygwin/X installation which only
installs a minimal number of packages.  No one has stepped forward
to do this.

Many of the observations made here are fixable just by having someone
step forward to do the work in Cygwin.  If no one is willing to do that,
that's fine.  You can do related work elsewhere but touting MinGW
programs as a solution to Cygwin problems doesn't work.

OK thats fine, just a minor point: there is one Cygwin problem that this solves, which is that people keep on requesting this kind of thing on the cygwin-xfree mailing list :-)
Also its constructed from the same source code as cygwin/X so its arguably the same thing.
But anyway we'll happy carry on discussion on a different list

David