Re: X11/Xlib.h missing

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 12:19:12AM +0200, Jani Tiainen wrote:
>Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

>>>No they are not, which is strange. Where those files disappeared..?
>>

>>Setup's output shows no files written to disk.  Is the package corrupted?
>>Did you try another mirror?
>
>Package is not corrupted (unless 7zip and MD5 sums are fucked up)...
>Interesting enough I just did "reinstall" and guess what - it installed.
>
>Mystical, very mystical. Might be something to do with autum storms we
>had here in Finland today.. =)

Or, maybe (and I'm just guessing here)...  It might have had something
to do with what I said when I responded to your email an hour-and-a-half
before this message from Igor "I immediately respond to every message
without checking for any other responses" Pechtchanski.

To quote:

*** I repackaged some of the X .tar.bz2 yesterday to potentially work around
*** a problem installing.  The options that I used to tar confused setup.exe
*** into thinking that the packages were empty.
***
*** So, this is consistent with the symptoms of trying to install one of
*** those packages.  This should be rectified soon as the new versions of
*** the tar files make it out to all of the mirrors.
***
*** So, the solution is "try again".

So, this isn't very mysterious at all.

cgf