Re: Unable to launch openGL application on cygwin/X server from SunS olaris OS

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Gautier, Valentin wrote:

> I intend to use an openGL demo on my cygwin/X server XWin or XWin_GL from a
> Solaris box.
>

> I can't make it work at all. When I launch ogl_install_check, I get:
>
> bash-2.03$ /usr/openwin/demo/GL/ogl_install_check
> /usr/openwin/demo/GL/sparcv9/ogl_install_check: glXChooseVisual Error: Can't
> find visual.
>

> Why does it that it doesn't work when it works perfectly with a linux box ?
>
> I know that I can make it work replacing the OpenGL libs by Mesa libs, but
> the application I intend to use doesn't use mesa (SDRC Ideas with OGL).
>
> Is there any one who encounters the same trouble and is there any solution
> to fix it?

Solaris apps like using fixed colordepths and strange visuals. Maybe you should try
changing the colordepth of windows to any of 8bit, 16 or 24bit

You can start XWin_GL with the environment variable GLWIN_DUMP_PFD=1. this will print
some extra information on visual creation.

GLWIN_DUMP_PFD=1 /usr/X11R6/bin/XWin_GL -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error

Maybe this will a clue what's failing.

bye
	ago
--