Trouble getting a windowed X

Greetings:

1. I have tried to read everything I can on this subject, and I have not had much luck after 2 days of messing around with this.

Here is what works:

Open rxvt
issue the command "X"
Cygwin/x starts up how I want it. On just one of my monitors, with max/min buttons and a title bar.
I open another window...and issue "xterm -e "ssh -Y -l username host"
and finally startkde. Works like a champ.

I have an Xserver up and running with Min and Max buttons, and KDE. Perfect, except there is a terminal hanging around that I don't need on my desktop. So I tried the following:

run X.

The server starts but the windowed screen doesn't show up.

*** Here is the bottomline question. How can I get an Xserver running when I issue the command "X" and to have it detach from rxvt. ***

I've tried to use XWin.exe with a number of options, but I have yet to duplicate what simply X does with no arguments.
I am running Windows XP SP2 with 3 Monitors. I only want one monitor in use for XWindows.

Thanks
HFC
Henry F. Camacho Jr.
hfc@ciorent.com