From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]
On Behalf Of Earle F. Philhower, III
Sent: 06 December 2004 21:02
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: Starting X on a second monitor - kludge that works

Howdy Mark,

---------- Original Message -------------
From: "Mark Fisher" <mark.fisher@practiv.com>

my only query now is how do I programaticaly find out
the offset of my second monitor, as I have it slightly
raised from the primary, as opposed to simply placed side
by side.
------

If you're asking just to set up your machine once, the simplest
thing to do is open up the Display properties, and click-hold on
the 2nd monitor, it should then display the (X,Y) position in it.
Since it's raised you should have a negative Y position, which does
work OK with the checked-in patch.

Programmatically, I like AGO's @<monitor> idea...
--
-Earle F. Philhower, III