From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]
On Behalf Of Alexander Gottwald
Sent: 14 December 2004 12:47
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Problem starting X

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Mats Jansson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope someone could help me with the following:
>
> Some days ago I installed Cygwin 1.5.12 on NT4 SP6, I didn't install
> X-startup-scripts, but I was able to start X with XWin.exe. Yesterday, I
> installed X-startup-scripts (I guess I got other packages and/or updates
> as well). Now I can't start X at all. I get a pop-up window with title
> "XWin.exe - Entry Point Not Found" and the text "The procedure entry
> point EnumDisplayMonitors could not be located in the dynamic link
> library USER32.dll".
>
> Any idea?

Seems like the new feature is not supported on NT4 (and maybe W95 too)

revert to xorg-x11-xwin-6.8.1.0-6 until this is resolved.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723

This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient please do not disclose,
copy, distribute, disseminate or take any action in reliance on it.

If you have received this message in error please inform us and delete it.
Should you wish to communicate with us by e-mail we cannot guarantee the security
of any data outside our own computer systems.

For the protection of our systems and staff, incoming and outgoing
emails are automatically scanned for viruses and content.