Problem with Run.exe to start xwin.exe

Hi,

I'm having problem starting xwin using the startxwin batch file.

When I run xwin from the file with

run xwin

the systray icon appears, and everything seems to work, but I don't see my x desktop.

If i run xwin from a command prompt using run, i get the same behaviour, but if I run win without the run command the window appears correctly. The only time i've managed to get xwin to start showing me an x desktop is to run it with the -fullscreen switch, but that;s not how i want it.

I had assumed the window as just off the screen to start with, but I could not find it all using any means. I also checked the registry incase it had entries for initial window placement, but i couldn't find any.

I'm stumped. Anyone seen this before and have any ideas?

Thanks,

Martin