Re: Problem with Run.exe to start xwin.exe

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Martin Gill wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having problem starting xwin using the startxwin batch file.
>
> When I run xwin from the file with
>
> run xwin
>
> the systray icon appears, and everything seems to work, but I don't see
> my x desktop.
>
> If i run xwin from a command prompt using run, i get the same behaviour,
> but if I run win without the run command the window appears correctly.
> The only time i've managed to get xwin to start showing me an x desktop
> is to run it with the -fullscreen switch, but that;s not how i want it.
>
> I had assumed the window as just off the screen to start with, but I
> could not find it all using any means. I also checked the registry
> incase it had entries for initial window placement, but i couldn't find any.
>
> I'm stumped. Anyone seen this before and have any ideas?

This is a known problem with run.exe. It does not only hide the console window,
it hides the mainwindow too. Use -nodecoration instead. A few days ago a link
to a programs which works better was posted. You can try this too.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de