Re: IBM T42 laptop, font display problem

    > Hi

    > I am having a problem with font display using Xemacs under Cygwin/X on
    > my IBM T42 @ 1400x1050 (cygcheck output below). I generally use 12 pt
    > Courier for writing code but it is very jaggy on my Cygwin/X
    > install. I  have tried most of the fonts and most of the sizes in the
    > Xemacs menu  and they all have the same (or similar) issue, the font
    > *Fixed* is the  least-worst and is what I am limping along with. When
    > I ssh into the  T42 from my 15" PowerBook, I also see the
    > jaggies. When I ssh in from a  Linux box using a CRT, then everything
    > looks okay. So, possibly  I am  dealing with a LCD versus CRT issue. I
    > have not had much luck  *googling* the answer.

    > If anyone has any thoughts or can point me in the right direction, I
    > would greatly appreciate it.

I have this in my $HOME/.xserverrc

exec X -ac -nodecoration -rootless -nowinkill -clipboard -fp /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled,.....
                                                                                            ^^^^^^^^^
and from my $HOME/.xinitrc I start xemacs with the following line:

/usr/bin/xemacs -geometry 137x28+0-3   &

>From the menubar I use: Options -> Fonts -> Courier

Looks fine here. Without the :unscaled I also dislike the font appearance.

Hope it helps
  Volker