Re: Starting XWin problems

Luke Bratch wrote:

> The last line I see in the command prompt is:
>
> "Rules = "xorg" Model = "pc105" Layout = "gb" Variant
> = "(null)" Options = "(null)""
>
> The FAQ says this could be a Zone Alarm problem, but I
> don't use this.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Does this mean you have it disabled or you even haven't installed it?

XWin stalled after that line means the tool for creating the keyboard
description is stalled. ZA does cause this, maybe other issues too (
a textmode mounted /tmp maybe)

You might disable the XKB feature at all with the -kb option but you'd
have to set the UK keyboard description with xmodmap.

You could also try to kill the xkbcomp process which should show up in the
task list.

bye
        ago
NP: Die Krupps - Doppelgaenger