Re: XWin/xdmcp fails after PC domain change

Igor, thanks for this info.

I posted the solution a little earlier this evening and based on your comments now makes perfect sense.

I allow dynamic updates to my internal DNS records (silly for two PC's, but whats a geek to do) and it turned out the DNS suffix entry was removed from my desktop PC during all the rearranging.

This translates into xwin/xdmcp referencing an old DNS record and refusing to connect. It's usually the simple stuff isn't it???

Thanks again