Randomly Cursor Jumps To Home

When typing in xwin the cursor will jump to the beginning of the line at
random times, like pressing the home key would accomplish. I have the
latest version installed on both my p4 hyperthreaded desktop and p2
laptop. The desktop machine is the only one having this problem. There
is no way to predict when this will happen. Just at random times I will
be typing in a command and the cursor will jump to the beginning of the
line and start overwriting what I had typed previously. I have tried
using twm as the window manager and get the same result. Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan