XWindows Errors running ddd under Cygwin

I would have done an archive search before
submitting this question, but as many of you know, the
Search functionality is switched off because of the
recent crash.

So my question is: do I have to worry about these
warning messages I get while running ddd? I am
having other problems, and am wondering if they are
related.

The way I run it is:

1 - launch Cygwin.bat to open bash shell with proper
enviornment variables (HOME, HOMEPATH) defined

2 - type 'startx &'.

3 - after X started, type 'ddd'

4 - Use File:Open menu to find executable and load
it.

But at this point I see the warnings:

Warning: Name ItemsList Class: XmList Parent refused
resize request. Second XtMakeGeometryRequest()
failed.

And:

Warning: XtRemoveGrab asked to remove a widget not
on the list.

So the most fundamental question is: do any of these
warnings indicate that my installation of X is
incomplete? I could NOT find packages listed by
Cygwin's setup.exe to correspond to all the X
features/packages listed by "ddd --config". But it
does behave much better after dowloading and
installing LessTiff.

I just installed all these things today or last week
using setup.exe (Devel package last week, and lots of
X stuff today), so they _should_ be quite up-to-date.

=====