Re: bad installation ?

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Banibrata Dutta wrote:

> I had installed Cygwin as "Administrator" for this machine, and I am
> able to successfully run X by doing cygwin terminal when I am logged
> in as "Administrator", but when I am logged in as "dutta" the above
> behaviour is what I see. Could someone please help ?

Make sure you have access rights to the folder where cygwin and XWin
in particular is installed. Also check that there are no stale user mounts
and the global mounts are in place

$ mount
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de