RE: 30+ reasons why X-Win32 is Better than Cygwin/X

> In case anyone is interested, I will be looking into
> solutions for remote sound support.  I realize that this is
> not directly an Cygwin/X issue, but it would be something
> that I have not seen with any other packaged X server.  If
> anyone has some suggestions or comments about this, please
> email me.

I would love remote sound support: my Linux server is the machine I normally
connect to (using xdmcp) and it would be good to be able to transport sound to
my local Win XP box.

I would have thought the KDE artsd remote sound or, as suggested, esd, would be
good places to start.

Regards,

Ruth