Re: XWin -multiwindow worked once, then never again

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Bowers, Kirk wrote:

> I just installed cygwin on my laptop exactly as it is
> installed on my work machine.  The first time I ran
> startxwin.sh, it worked, for the most part.  An xterm
> appeared, but the X logo in my system tray did nothing
> when I right clicked on it to try to shut X down.
> Since then, every time I've launched X, the X logo has
> been similarly unresponsive, and no windows appear.
> In my task manager, there is both an XWin and an xterm
> process, but nothing displays on the screen.  twm
> works fine, the only problem is in mutliwindow mode.
> Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!!
>
> Here's my log:
>
> Welcome to the XWin X Server
> Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
> Release: 6.7.0.0-10

You're running a version which is quite old. Please try the
lastet xorg-x11 packages. If this was a fresh install, plaese
consider using a different mirror, which is more up-to-date

Anyway, those kind of errors are common for running Cygwin/X
with some personal firewalls and online virus scanners.  Do you
have any of those installed?

bye
	ago
--