Re: Small clipboard bug triggered by gvim

On 29-Mar-2005 13:06, Alexander Gottwald wrote:

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Michael Schaap wrote:

Hi,

I recently started using Cygwin/X a bit more, and it works amazingly well!

I did, however, stumble upon a small bug using the built-in "-clipboard" handling: when using a GTK2 gvim, consecutive selections are not copied to the Windows clipboard.

This is most likely because gvim always holds the selection. There is no clipboard in X11, just an information which application
holds the selection. If an application wants to insert the selection it sends an event to the selection owner and the owner sends back
the selected data. This may change between calls.

The clipboard manager does not receive information that the clipboard changed, so it will insert the old string regardless of changes in the
client.

Yeah, that'd do it... :-(
(This also explains why the standalone xwinclip doesn't have this problem: it keeps stealing the selection.)

Thanks,

– Michael