Re: Multiple XWin.exe programs loading and no xterm

For me, putting a pause at the end of startxwin.bat does not make it work.
However, I have found something that does seem to work for me.  When I launch
statxwin.bat, in addition to the 2 XWin.exe processes, there is also a sh.exe
process that starts which I assume is from the MS-DOS shell that the .bat is
run from.  Even though the shell window closes after the script finishes, the
sh.exe process is still running.  If I open the task manger and end the sh.exe
process, the xterm pops open and the extra XWin.exe goes away.  Does anyone
know why this sh.exe process whould linger around or how to kill it without
having to open the task manager and mouse to it every time?

--- Jack Tanner <ihok@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Armbrust, Daniel C. wrote:
> >
> > This happens to me all the time - I usually have to launch the X stuff 2 or
> 3 times before it actually works.
> >
> > I have to manually kill off all xterm.exe, bash.exe, and other cygwin
> programs in between the launches.  I keep meaning to look into it more, but
> since I start it less than once a week, I haven't had enough incentive to dig
> deeper yet.
>
> I guess I'm not alone. I've managed to solve this problem with the
> following hack: I add a "pause" command to the end of startxwin.bat. I
> forget why I tried this, but it works.

Scott Cegielski
scegielski@yahoo.com