RE: Multiple XWin.exe programs loading and no xterm

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Armbrust, Daniel C. wrote:

> The -kb command helped with one of my machines that was having intermittent difficulties in launching.
>

> On another machine, however, I always have to execute the following script twice before I get any Xwin windows:
>
> run XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error -kb
> run xterm -sl 1000 -sb -rightbar -ms red -fg yellow -bg black -e /usr/bin/bash -l
> run xterm -geometry 80x50-0-0 -sl 500 -sb -rightbar -e ssh -Y username@some.server
>

> The first time that I run it - Xwin.exe and two xterm.exe's appear in the process manager - then both xterm's disappear.  Eventually the X finally appears in the lower right corner.

This means XWin is taking very long to startup. Maybe because of a virus scanner?
The xterms will timeout after no connection to the xserver could be established.
The second xserver will notice the first one and will silently exit but now the
xterms can connect to the first xserver.

Adding a sleep after run XWin might help by postponing the xterm startup.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de