xterm cursor jumping to start of line

I've seen 3 or 4 postings about this problem but as yet have not seen
anyone offer a solution.
I am experiencing the same fault.
I am using  Microsoft wireless keyboard. I wonder if this is the common factor?
I have not experienced this problem when running other applications.
It does not happen when I am using the cygwin bash shell console
window - only when I use an xterm.
I may have to try a non-wireless keyboard to see if it makes a difference.

Brian