Re: cmdtool from Solaris standard package generates some errorspresented on the console and nothing more

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:

> Hello dear mailing list participants,
> while trying to open cmdtool in te X11
> displayback mode directed towards
> machine with cygwin X free environment
> running I get following:
> X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  7 (X_ReparentWindow)
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x3a
>   Serial number of failed request:  48
>
> What does it mean and How can I hope with it?
>
> Would be glad to get some help from you.

Quite a strange error. Maybe it tries to set the window parent to
some windowmanager window which does not exist in multiwindow mode.
Or it expects the CDE desktop to be present.

does it happen in non-multiwindow mode too?

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de