Getting cygwin-X client running with debian server.

Hi,

Just a tip for newbies (like me) that try to get cygwin-X running with debian
server. Apparantly the debian server's sshd default setting is not to forward
X11. The error message I then get on my x-client is "Can't open display".
So the following setting in /etc/ssh/sshd_config is needed:

X11Forwarding yes

Now I can login to the server with

ssh -y -l <user> <host>

And can startup e.g. my favourite editor nedit on the client.

I didn't find this info in the faq, hence this note.

Kind regards,

Wout

12move ADSL vanaf 18,95 euro! GRATIS modem, GEEN aansluitkosten en GEEN datalimiet!
Ga nu naar http://adsl.12move.nl