Re: Cannot access Sun server via VNC

Hello again,

Following your reply below, I entered:
DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 ssh -Y userid@sunhost
and then entered the password for userid.
Then I received the following messages:
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
tput: unknown terminal "cygwin"
tput: unknown terminal "cygwin"
tput: unknown terminal "cygwin"

Eventually I started the graphical application in the Sun host, and got the following messages:
connect localhost port 6000: Connection refused
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or serever shutdown).

Shall I set the terminal type to something else ?

May the refused connection on port 6000 be caused by a firewall setting ?

Regards,

Marek