New WinXP PC won't show login from Xserver.

Hello all,

I am added a WinXP PC to an existing network.  All other WinXP PCs have
cygwin installed and are access an RS6000 running xdm on AIX without any
problems.  After installing cygwin and copying the startxdmcp.bat script
from a working machine I can get a "grey screen", but the login box never
opens and after a minute the connection times out and it closes.  I started
with a barebones intall, but have finally installed all packages figuring I
missing something, but that did not change anything.

Since it's been several years since I set the network up I may have
forgotten a step somewhere.  Is there a permission on the AIX box that needs
to be set, or is  there something else I am missing?

Thanks
Chris