Re: Translucency Support?

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Ron Geis wrote:

> Has anyone been able to get transparent terminal windows working under
> Cygwin?  I've been spending lots of time trying to figure out how to do
> so, or even if it's possible.  I'm running Cygwin on Windows XP, and
> using MRXVT terminal.
 I just downloaded and compiled the recent version (0.4.1) from the Mrxvt
Homepage (http://materm.sourceforge.net/) and it worked quite fine with
transparency. The only quirk is, you have to turn it on as its off by
default. The source package contains documentation and samples on how to
accomplish this and other "useful" features.
 To just turn transparency on, add the following line to your
$HOME/.Xdefaults
 ---
mrxvt*transparent: true
 ---

> I've read that I need to add entries to my xorg.conf file and compile
> xcompmgr and transset.
 Where did you read this?

> I have not been able to compile xcompmgr.  Is that program even
> necessary?
 Apparently not.

Bye,
 Michael

--
Michael Denk                     Fakultät für Mathematik und Informatik
Tel. +49 (0851) 509-3136         Universität Passau, Raum K08 IM (Aquarium)