Re: Translucency

Hi there,

I don't know how useful an answer this is going to be,
but for what its
worth, I also use mrxvt, though this trick will work
with any terminal.
Its not translucency, but transparency - I must
confess to not really
understanding the difference.

I run Cygwin/X with -multiwindow, so each mrxvt window
launches as a
"proper" Windows window. I then use standard Windows
(2000/XP)
transparency to make my terminals transparent. The
neatest app I've
found to set this is PowerMenu(1). Hope this is
useful.

Incidentally, mrxvt seems to me to be nearly perfect
as a terminal (no -
I'm not trying to start a flame war :). I start it as
follows:

C:\Cygwin\usr\local\bin\mrxvt.exe -geometry 140x40
-bgfade 50 -stt -bc
-xft -xftfn "Monospac821 BT" -xftaa -xftsz 14 -ht -b
20 -bg
  Black -fg DarkSeaGreen +sb -sl 5000 --color1 tan3
--color2 chartreuse4
--color3 LemonChiffon --color4 CornflowerBlue --color5
firebrick4 --
color6 LightBlue3 -e /usr/bin/bash --login -i

which gives me anti-aliased fonts, multiple terminals
(ctrl-alt-n for a
new shell, shift-(left|right arrow) to cycle, and
allows for jpeg/png
backgrounds (try

echo -ne "\E]20;image.jpg;\a"

)