RE: Is my X Server not fully started? (Rel: 6.8.2.0-4)

Reid
Thanks for providing me with the info. Sadly, no progress.

1. "run xterm -e /usr/bin/bash -l" was being invoked, the only change I had
made to startxwin.bat was the options for XWin.exe

2. I restored the  '-clipboard -silent-dup-error parms' - see from the log:
<<
XWin was started with the following command line:
/usr/X11R6/bin/XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error

3. I created a /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/system.Xwinrc file by pasting in the lines
from your reply and joining up the split comment lines - I used UltraEdit
and saved it in UNIX file format.

I still end up in the same position. The 'X' icon shows up in the system
tray, but I  can't interact with it.

One of things I found today while searching, said that after the X icon
appears, I should get a terminal window open (with horrible colours!), but I
don't get that. My guess is that such a window could be expected from the
'run xterm...' statement?.

Regards, John

-------
John Ormerod