Pseudo Colors on Solaris

Greetings.
I am new to CYGWIN (having used exceed for years) but have been studying
it very intently for weeks now.
  I am having trouble getting a Sun Solaris screen to render correctly.
It uses 8bpp pseudo.  If I run xwin normally, I get a very dark screen
(like the backlight is out on my LCD).  If I set xwin to use 256 colors
in the compatibility tab, my XP desktop drops to 8bpp and I can see my
Solaris screen but the colors are all wrong (white is red, red is red,
blue is green, ...).  Xwininfo.exe claims it is Pseudo color.   I tested
MI/X for a while using the same compatible settings.  I got the same
results with the exception of the colors were right on my Solaris
screens (mostly).
While searching the mailing list I see the last entries containing
pseudo color also talk about "xwinemu2", is this the fix for this?  I
have searched for this file but can not find it (nether can my best
friend 'Google').
I have also tried setting -cc, -co, -engine, ... with no luck or maybe I
just don't know the correct numbers to feed them.
Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.  (Maybe some of my
hair will grow back  ; })
thanks
jb

James Bassett
IT Analyst Sr.
Enterprise IT Support
0401 MLSES Plant
Office 903836-6257
Cell     903235-7915
MCSE+I (NT4)
MCSE  (NT4 & W2K)
MCDBA (SQL7 & 2K)
MCSA
CCNA

contains or may contain confidential information intended only for the

addressee. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, be

advised that any reading, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying

or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If

immediately by reply message and delete this email message and any

attachments from your system.