RE: Basic question X - ways to skin a ... mouse

I think I've got it wrong and
Brian Dessent is right.
The util is the intellimouse driver.
Which is why I could not find it at Logitech.

On the other hand, I advise you to keep your
double-click assignment for cygwin as well,
and get accustomed to dual-click emulating
double-click.

The reason being, when I sat on a sun-sparc or
aix using their mouse, the native double-click
action is effortless.

However, connecting to those stations using
cygwin/x or reflection/x or eXceed, I need to
click extremely fast to effect a double-click.

Of course, I could configure xp to widen the
interval of double-click recognition. Doing
that, you would realise that a second in
cygwin/x (reflection & eXceed as well) is
but a thousand years on XP desktop.

Most unix visual applications require double-
clicking, and even Motif's own dtfile.

X-Free people ought to look into the difference
between XP mouse interval and remote unix
interval. Is this an X-Free issue or a
cygwin/x issue? I tend to think it's
a cygwin issue. X-Free is normally
used on Linux without having a user shift
between MSWin and XWin.

Is there a worster place in this country than
Worcester, Mass. (besides Gary, Indiana)?
Is there a more beautiful place than
Bar Habor, Maine?
One is heaven, the other h#ll.
But having to vacillate between the two on a
weekly basis is purgatory.
Is there better loyalty to a football club
than to ManchU, besides L'pool?
One was pure elegance, the other pure brute.
But having had to vacillate between
the two had been pure torture.